disable automatic data copy

09-01-2014 10:05 PM
jayasudha
New Contributor III

Hi

I am trying to disable automatic data copy when publishing service and followed these steps.

• Open the Administrator Directory and log in with a user that has administrative permissions to your site. The Administrator Directory is typically available at http://<server name>:6080/arcgis/admin.
  • Click data > config > update.
  • On the Update Datastore Configuration page, enter the following string into the Datastore Configuration Properties dialog box: 
    {"blockDataCopy": true}  

When i logged in, i do not see config under data.

I am working with arcgis server 10.1 on win 2008.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

This option was added with service pack 1 at server 10.1, do you have that installed:

ArcGIS Server Administrator API

0 Kudos
jayasudha
New Contributor III

Hi

I have checked the version under software authentication. I think there is no SP1. Please suggest.

Software version:   10.1.0 (build 3035)

Do i need to upgrade geodatabase once SP1 is installed, we are using enterprise geodatabase on Oracle 11g (11.2.0.1.0) and the services use data from this db.

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

No, your database and server are seperate entities in this case, more help on upgrading to SP1 can be found here:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/install-guides/arcgis-server/10.1/index.html#/About_ArcGIS_10_1_...

Point to note once you have turned off the ability to copy data to the server trying to publish a composite locator or geoprocessing model will throw an error as these functions need data to sit on the server. If you want to publish one of these you will need to go and switch the setting back before hand.

jayasudha
New Contributor III

Really thanks for your suggestion.

As i mentioned we are using Orcle enterpise geodatabase and i have registered this with arcgis server.

How the data (feature classes in Oracle) is copied to arcgis server, If we publish geoprocessing service ?

In what format it is stored on arcgis server ? In which directory i can see this data ?

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

The data is not necessary copied to the server but the geoprocessing model or composite geocode service is, this is why to will need to amend the setting otherwise publishing fails.

jayasudha
New Contributor III

Thanks for support.

0 Kudos