Select to view content in your preferred language

Difficulty Publishing Existing Image Cache on ArcGIS Enterprise Portal

01-17-2024 03:27 AM
bdel
by
New Contributor

Hi,

I am currently experiencing difficulties in sharing an image cache as a web layer (imagery layer) on our ArcGIS Enterprise Portal to use it as a basemap.

I have received an image cache of 1TB.

The current procedure followed is as follows:

• Utilization of the 'Simple_Basemap', located and stored on a 'srv00' server in the folder '\srv00\Simple_Basemap’
  • In ArcGIS Pro, in the catalog pane, added a folder connection '\srv00\Simple_Basemap’
  • Shared the map cache via "Share as Web Layer"
  • In ArcGIS Server Manager --> Site --> Server Configuration --> Directories --> Add Directories. Added the directory '\srv00\Simple_Basemap’ as a cache type.
  • In ArcGIS Server Manager --> Site --> Server Configuration --> Data Store --> Registered Folder '\srv00\Simple_Basemap’
  • Checked access permissions to the directory in Windows. Right-click on the '\srv00\Simple_Basemap’ directory --> Properties --> Security --> Added the user account associated with ArcGIS Server.
  • Ensured the restart of ArcGIS Server for the changes to take effect.
  • In ArcGIS Pro, in the 'Share Layer as a Web Layer' menu --> Configuration --> Configure Imagery --> Layer Drawing --> Using an existing cache.

However, I consistently receive the same error message: "An existing cache named 'Simple_Basemap’ was not found in the cache directory. Please check your directory name."

Unfortunately, we are unable to create a new cache or move the provided cache directly into 'D:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgiscache' due to its substantial size of 1 TB.

Does anyone know how to use a pre-existing image cache? 

2 Replies
HelenWhiteley_tfl
New Contributor II

Following, have the same issue.

0 Kudos
ATFerguson
New Contributor II

I have a similar issue. One important step is to make sure that your service name in the Share As Web Layer -> Item Details -> Name is configured correctly to find the cached directory. It's kind of confusing, but the cached directory needs to be named with the following format:

"<Server Folder Name>_<Service_Name>". So if you're publishing "Simple_Basemap" to a server folder called "Basemaps", you need to rename '\srv00\Simple_Basemap’ to '\srv00\Basemaps_Simple_Basemap’, and the "Name" parameter in the Share As Web Layer pane needs to be "Simple_Basemap".

You can leave '\srv00\Simple_Basemap’ if you want to publish the service to the root directory of the server, but that must be reflected in the Server and Folder Location options in the Share As Web Layer pane. 

My issue came up when I tore down a service that I was using by deleting it from the Server Manager GUI and the Portal item. When I republish using the same steps as I did to publish the first time (only adding 2 more scales), the "Start Tile" and "End Tile" hyperlinks on the service REST endpoint give 404 errors. I'm not exactly sure what's changed. Any pointers would be appreciated.

0 Kudos