Content restriction based on role or user

06-07-2024 06:32 AM
EmrahAydemir
New Contributor III

Hello. I am developing an application for a company using Arcgis Enterprise. What we need here is this: I created one feature service. This feature service contains some important data. There are some roles and users related to these roles. Users can add data to this feature service through the web application we created (this process happens in the backend and I do the adding operation through the publisher user). However, users should only see the content they add. For example, users affiliated with role X can only see the features added by users affiliated with role X. I can restrict access to the service based on role. But can I restrict the content based on role? Can I restrict this to a single service or should I create a separate service for each role? 

Actually, what I expect here is this: For example, a user with the 'X Company' role added a feature to the archives_feature_server service. Then, another user with the "X Company" role wanted to see the contents here. These users cannot see the content added by users with the "Y Company" role. If this is not possible, does it make sense to create a separate service for each role? For example, "archives_xCompany_feature_server" or "archives_yCompany_feature_server". Will this method consume a lot of server resources in the future?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

Hosted Feature Layer: Create hosted feature layer views—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

Referenced Feature Layer: For fine grained access control in ArcGIS Enterprise, we provide this offering: security.manager (arcgis.com)

0 Kudos