Creating a site in arcgis server

11-12-2018 11:35 AM
CleonCato
New Contributor II

I'm installing arcgis enterprise 10.6.1 on Linux and when trying to create a site with ~/arcgis/server/tools/createsite/createsite.sh -f ~/install/createsite.properties  I get the following error. Thoughts anyone?

Starting the createsite utility.
==================================================

Checking if the ArcGIS Server is initialized.

The ArcGIS Server is not initialized.

Validating ArcGIS Server environment.

Failed to validate ArcGIS Server environment.

Exiting the createsite utility.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Cleon,

I am not sure if this helps or not but have you looked at this list of common problems and solutions?

Common problems and solutions—ArcGIS Server Administration (Linux) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

There is also a server diagnostics tool you can use:

Checking server diagnostics using the diagnostics tool—ArcGIS Server Administration (Linux) | ArcGIS... 

Have you set the environment variables properly?

Setting environment variables for ArcGIS Server—ArcGIS Server Administration (Linux) | ArcGIS Enterp... 

0 Kudos
CleonCato
New Contributor II

Thanks Adrian,

I found a question that helped me:

I attempted to create or join an ArcGIS Server site and something failed. How do I troubleshoot the issue?

If you encounter a failure when creating or joining an ArcGIS Server site, you can troubleshoot the issue by addressing the error messages reported in the create site or join site summary panel. Additionally, a log of the event is recorded on disk, located at <ArcGIS Server installation directory>/arcgis/server/usr/logs/<machine name>/server. The messages in the log can provide additional insight into what caused the issue. To view the log, browse to the logs directory and open the log in a text editor.

Seemes there's something wrong with my license I'm checking that out now.

Thanks again