command line options to unpack installation archive?

01-13-2016 01:48 PM
TerryGiles
Occasional Contributor III

I have an Server 10.3.1 installation package that was downloaded from Esri and am working with our IT folks to automate installation.  This is the .exe file downloaded from Esri which is a Paquet archive file containing all the of the actual setup files.  If you run the exe manually it prompts for a location to unpack the folders/files to and the default is C:\Users\<me>\Documents\ArcGIS 10.3.1.  I can run the exe command line silently by adding a "/s" switch but it will always default to the C:\Users\<me>\Documents\ArcGIS 10.3.1.  Does anyone know if there are switches to specify the output so we can use a non-user specific folder, e.g.. d:\temp\installers\arcgis 10.3.1?

Performing the actual silent install of server after this is a piece of cake, as it's well documented here

Thank you,

Terry

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NunoF
by
New Contributor

The "Paquet" Installer Package seems to share the same command-line options and switches as the builder but apparently only the /s applies:

https://www.installpackbuilder.com/help/command-line-builder 

I tried using /outfolder:"path to folder" but it wouldn't work on AGD or AGS 10.3 PE exe files (e.g. ArcGIS_Desktop_103_141985.exe)

In the end I found a work-around. You can open the installer package with 7-zip and probably other file arhiver programs that provide command-line options and switches to extract the installation files.

0 Kudos