Checking ArcGIS Data Store Status (Primary/Standby)

Jump to solution
11-19-2018 06:28 AM
MichaelSchoelen
Occasional Contributor III

I'm in the process of upgrading a high-availability ArcGIS Data Store, and I want to do a quick check of which machine is primary and which is standby. 

Is there a process for finding out which one is which? I hoped that describedatastore.bat would have the info, but maybe I'm missing something.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanUthoff

The way that I know how to do it is from the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory. From the home screen, go to data > items > /enterpriseDatabases > select your data store from the list > machines > then you should have both your primary and standby machine listed there. You can click on each machine and next to "Role" it will list either primary or standby. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RyanUthoff

The way that I know how to do it is from the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory. From the home screen, go to data > items > /enterpriseDatabases > select your data store from the list > machines > then you should have both your primary and standby machine listed there. You can click on each machine and next to "Role" it will list either primary or standby. 

MichaelSchoelen

That worked. Thanks.

It would be nice to see a command-line option as well, in the event the servers were offline or something.

0 Kudos
Brian_Wilson

I can see my datastore machines under /nosqlDatabases -- that would be scene storage

and under /enterpriseDatabases

but it does not give any status information -- just that they are there. I wonder if there is any data in them??

0 Kudos