change path in agssite file

10-25-2016 03:57 PM
GordonLuckett2
New Contributor

I want to restore one ArcGIS Server to another. The only difference is that the arcgisserver folders are on E:/ drive on the Source and on C:/ drive on the destination. 

Is there a way to modify the agssite file to put the files on the C:/ drive?

thanks

gordon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could do it using the ArcGIS Server Manager.

Editing a server directory in Manager—Documentation (10.4) | ArcGIS for Server 

Specifying the configuration store location in Manager—Documentation (10.4) | ArcGIS for Server 

Note:

When you edit a directory path, the contents of the directory are copied to the new location unless you are editing a cache directory. When you change a cache directory location, you must copy the cache to the new location yourself.

Think Location
0 Kudos
GordonLuckett2
New Contributor

Ok, so I should modify the original ArcGIS Server directory paths to match the destination, create the agssite file, and then load the agssite file on the new server?

thanks

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What happens if you copy the files from the config-store of source ArcGIS server to the config-store of destination ArcGIS server from Windows Explorer(*Delete all the lock files from the source config-store folder before copying. Stop ArcGIS Server before copying.)?

I think that would migrate the services from one server to another. No need to change the drive.

Let me know if it works or not.

Think Location
0 Kudos