cannot access arcgis server manager or admin in catalog

01-30-2017 07:27 PM
BobBistrais
New Contributor III

I know people have asked similar questions in the past, but I'm stuck.  I am not able to connect to ArcGIS Server Manager on my computer.  I enter the correct URL and it just waits until it times out.  

In addition, my publisher and admin connections in ArcCatalog, to that server, will not connect.

I have tried clearing the cache and 3 different browsers (Chrome, FF, Edge).  Also tried turning off the firewall.

These problems have only surfaced in he past 2 days.  I had no trouble before then.  I can access the Server Manager from a different computer.

So it seems like it may be system related, but I'm out of ideas.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BobBistrais
New Contributor III

In addition, I tried pinging the server, I get a timeout on the ping.  

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Have you tried rebooting the server to make sure it is still running ok? Any chance your network is having issues?

before you mentioned the pinging, I was going to ask whether you are having issues with the connection inArcCatalog or Browsers, or both?

did you recently change your password, or if using active directory or ldap, could the password for  the  account providing the authorization for this security have changed?  Have you tried logging in with the primary admin account?

If you are only having issues with the access though the browser, are you using it thru a web adaptor, and if so, are you sure you did not disable this option?

Just a few things to try.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Looks like a network connectivity issue. The issue could be due to any of various reasons like Anti-virus, Firewall or a DNS problem. Please work with the IT/Network guys to resolve the network issue. You should be able to open the ArcGIS Server REST directory on a web-browser of client machine to check if the network issue is resolved.

Think Location
0 Kudos
BobBistrais
New Contributor III

Thank you both for the replies.  I should have mentioned also that I was able to see the REST services directory in anonymous access, but was not able to log into it either.

As it turned out, my colleague restarted the server, and I was able to get to the Manager and also admin access to ArcCatalog. 

While I'm happy that I was able to do so, we still don't know what the cause was, and why it resolved, whether it was the server restart, a fresh start on my computer, or something else.