Select to view content in your preferred language

Can I connect SQL server 2022 with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1?

Monday
sahook1
Emerging Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to migrate SQL server from 2014 to 2022 and connect with our existing Enterprise 10.8.1.

Let me know the challenges in this workflow please

Can anyone post here if its already done by someone ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

It looks like it is not certified for that combination; https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/system-requirements/latest/database-requirements-sqlserver.htm

With that being said, it "may" work but you more than likely will hit some issues and when contacting support they will be limited.

Are you planning of moving to 10.9.1 or newer version in the future?

10.8.1 is now in Mature support.....https://support.esri.com/en-us/products/arcgis-enterprise/life-cycle

--- George T.
sahook1
Emerging Contributor

Hi @George_Thompson ,

Thanks for your ans.

Yes the upgrade to 10.9.1 & 11 in-line and just wanted to understand if there will be any blackout period or it will work fine until the enterprise upgrade to 10.9.1.

The issue is I have 2014 SQL server with enterprise 10.8.1 and if I move the enterprise 10.9.1 then it is not supporting 2014 SQL.

And if I move the database first to  SQL 2022 then 10.8.1 is also not supporting.

Searching for a workaround to support both 2022 SQL server and 10.8.1 for at-least 15 days.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Got it..... hard to give definitive response but upgrading to SQL 2022 "should" work for that gap time.......

I would target 10.9.1 then to 11.3.....

--- George T.
0 Kudos
sahook1
Emerging Contributor

@George_Thompson  Hi George,

I am thinking to use the SQL 2022 in compatibility mode of 2019 and connect with Enterprise 10.8.1.

Any thoughts on this?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Again, this may work but there could be unintended consequences. I am not aware of anything but there is a level of risk.

--- George T.
0 Kudos