Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise 11.3 - Printing Map Services using Token Secured External Services

06-07-2024 08:46 PM
Cory__Williams
New Contributor II

Morning all,

is anyone else who is using ArcGIS Enterprise 11.3, that is consuming Token Secured Services from an external third party (i.e. Aerial Imagery) showing errors when printing at the moment?

Recently upgrading to 11.3, I've found that we get a Severe error in the ArcGIS Server Printing Tool GP Server.

Has anyone else seen this at all?

This occurs whether it's in ExB or Map using the Print function.

I've tried using the print service on a secondary ArcGIS Server and I'm still experiencing the same issue.

7 Replies
NicolasGIS
Regular Contributor

Hello @Cory__Williams ,

Thanks for sharing !

Currently debugging the same issue. Can't print our secured services since the upgrade to 11.3.

Eithter from a custom print service I am getting the following:

` ConvertWebMapToArcGISProject return webmap_tuple(*_convertArcObjectToPythonObject(arcgisscripting._mapping.ConvertWebMapToArcGISProject(*_gp_fixargs([webmap_json, template_pagx, mapframe_name, notes_gdb, report_template], True))))   RuntimeError: Failed to create layer from service at`

Or from the MapViewer.

This is really bad news 😕

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Typically esri releases a print service patch as one of the first patches available per enterprise release.  Not sure if that patch solves this issue.  I haven't been able to test that

0 Kudos
Joshua-Young
Regular Contributor

Have you tried creating a custom print service and see if it has the issue as well? David is correct that the last several versions of ArcGIS Enterprise (AGE) have had this issue with print services and it usually requires a patch to fix. Be sure to log a support ticket with Esri, the more people that report it the more likely it will get fixed. Also, if you are using an existing custom print service Esri has recommended publishing it again after any AGE upgrades. I re-publish our custom print services, geoprocessing services, and locators after each upgrade and have had fewer issues after AGE upgrades.

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~ Tolkien
Cory__Williams
New Contributor II

Hi @DavidColey and @Joshua-Young cheers for that. I've tried a custom print service which too fails and I had lodged a ticket with Support. Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon, or a workaround is able to be identified.

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS
Regular Contributor

Hi @Cory__Williams,

Thanks for your reply.

I believe I found the problem: it's an issue with SSL certificate.

If you try to browse the URL of the external service from the ArcGIS Server's machines, do you get a certificate error ? In my case it was the case. There was a misconfiguration on my side. It's fixed now. But with external services, that might be more difficult.

0 Kudos
Cory__Williams
New Contributor II

Hi @NicolasGIS cheers for that -- sadly that's not the issue I'm experiencing on my side. The external providers SSL Cert is valid until May 20, 2025. So not joy there.

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS
Regular Contributor

Did you try to open the URL once logged on the VM hosting ArcGIS Server ? It might be that your personnal computer has the required CA intermediate certificate but maybe not the server running ArcGIS Server. Just making sure it is not the same issue.

0 Kudos