Select to view content in your preferred language

Can a server extensions be restricted to a specific GIS Server cluster in AGS 10.1?

08-08-2012 05:22 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Having not had a chance to play with clustering for ArcGIS Server 10.1, can anyone indicate if clustering can be used to effectively restrict your extensions to dedicated 'gis servers'? 

Brad
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
Great question, I have no clue, I haven't used it myself (yet). Maybe ESRI development can chime in? ;.)
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
One of my motivators to understand this is w.r.t. licensing as it could provide a nice method whereby you have a large multi-tier enviro to limit the number of 'extensions' which are typically licensed w.r.t. cores (typically x4).  From an architectural (sys design) POV, it would also be a nice to know as well.

Brad
0 Kudos
PeterTimmers
Occasional Contributor III
I'd be interested to know this one also...

How about Advanced on one cluster and Standard on another?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anyone @ESRI able to answer this one?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
@ESRI - can anyone answer this?
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Brad,

Having not had a chance to play with clustering for ArcGIS Server 10.1, can anyone indicate if clustering can be used to effectively restrict your extensions to dedicated 'gis servers'?

No, this capability not technically possible.

Brad and Peter,

One of my motivators to understand this is w.r.t. licensing ...

... How about Advanced on one cluster and Standard on another?

It is company policy to not address licensing questions on the support forums. Please contact your Esri local office/account manager for further information.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos