Select to view content in your preferred language

Publish custom .NET/ArcObjects tool in ArcGIS Server 10.1

12-14-2012 04:39 AM
Joukjede_Haan
New Contributor
Hello,

I???d like to know if it is still possible to publish a custom-made vb.net/ArcObjects geoprocessing tool in ArcGIS Server 10.1. Documentation is not very clear on this subject.

Furthermore, when installing AGS 10.1 on Windows, can you still choose whether to install for the Java or .NET framework (or both)?

Thanks for your help,
Joukje
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor
Server 10.1 is for Windows or Linux (no longer Java or .net)

Have you seen this help topic on deploying custom tools?

If not, it should answer some questions. Please post if you still have questions.
0 Kudos
Joukjede_Haan
New Contributor
Thanks for your reply.

Yes I've looked into that. Both IGPFunction2 and IGPFunctionFactory were implemented. However, the problem arises when registering the dll with esriregasm: it complains that ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessing assembly can not be loaded.

I had the same problem on a server with AGS 10.0, but I found out that AGS was installed for the Java framework. So I understood my .NET dll could not be registered for use with ArcGIS 10.0. Installing AGS for the .NET framework seems to be the solution here.

But when I encountered the same registration problem at 10.1, I wondered if it would work at all under 10.1, since it is not possible to choose for a .NET of Java install.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos