CA certificate Portal and Server

Jump to solution
03-05-2020 10:14 AM
SoratoSouza_e_Silva
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I have a base deployment in my company. The Arcgis Server, Portal and Data Store was installed in one machine and the web adaptor in the DMZ.

I need to put the CA certificate in my base deployment. How I can do this?

Thank´s

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RachelSears

You can import the password-protected pfx at the REST admin directory using the "Import Existing Server Certificate" operation. You will need to do this for both Server and Portal to establish trust.

Server Admin directory: Navigate to machines > [machine name] > SSLcertificates > importExistingServerCertificate and browse to your CA-signed pfx certificate.

Then, go back to your Machine page and click "edit."

For "Web server SSL Certificate", add the alias of the CA-signed certificate that you just imported:

You will need to do the same at the Portal Admin directory. Navigate to Security > SSLCertificates > Import Existing Server Certificate and browse to the CA-signed cert.

Then, navigate to Machines > Machine Name > SSLCertificates > Update and specify the alias for the imported certificate.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RachelSears

You can import the password-protected pfx at the REST admin directory using the "Import Existing Server Certificate" operation. You will need to do this for both Server and Portal to establish trust.

Server Admin directory: Navigate to machines > [machine name] > SSLcertificates > importExistingServerCertificate and browse to your CA-signed pfx certificate.

Then, go back to your Machine page and click "edit."

For "Web server SSL Certificate", add the alias of the CA-signed certificate that you just imported:

You will need to do the same at the Portal Admin directory. Navigate to Security > SSLCertificates > Import Existing Server Certificate and browse to the CA-signed cert.

Then, navigate to Machines > Machine Name > SSLCertificates > Update and specify the alias for the imported certificate.

Hope this helps!

SoratoSouza_e_Silva

Thank´s

Helped me a lot.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If Rachel's response answered your question, please mark it correct to both give credit and close out the question.

vijaybadugu

When I try to validate the federated server, it is showing below error in logs. could you please help 

Invalid SSL certificate found. PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Unable to validate TLS certificate on ArcGIS Server administration URL. Ensure the root certificate is trusted or the certificate common name matches the URL hostname.

0 Kudos
DanielMurillo
Occasional Contributor

Hello @vijaybadugu were you able to resolve this error?

It is happenning us the same thing.

0 Kudos