Boreholes Cross Section

01-18-2022 11:05 PM
ZurAinZulkafely
New Contributor

Hi all, 

I am looking for a tool / widget to display cross section of geology boreholes on arcgis portal. Appreciate if anyone could recommend or share any materials regarding it. Thank you. 

ZurAinZulkafely_1-1642575689850.png

2 Replies
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Cross section of geological boreholes can be created using voxel layers in ArcGIS Pro. The voxel layer then can be published as a scene layer for web viewing (in web scenes).

A section from an underground model together with a borehole is shown in this sample set of the GeoTOP model from TNO - Geological Survey of the Netherlands.A section from an underground model together with a borehole is shown in this sample set of the GeoTOP model from TNO - Geological Survey of the Netherlands.

Note: currently, web scenes in ArcGIS Online (December 2021 Release) support adding voxel layers in local web scenes. I would recommend following the ArcGIS Enterprise blogs to see when this feature will be available in portal.

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

ToreHustoft
New Contributor II

Hi Kanin, 
I am not able to find the example you are referring to (GeoTOP model from TNO - Geological Survey of the Netherlands). Could you by any chance direct me to the correct web scene? 
Cheers, 

Tore

0 Kudos