Are you charged for hosted ArcGIS Layers?

Jump to solution
05-08-2018 04:35 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been told by tech support that you do not get charged service credits for data stored in a hosted ArcGIS Online feature service, but a fairly experienced colleague insists emphatically that you do.

It seems to me that  there is a charge for this and that tech support is mistaken, but I need to be absolutely sure, because we are making plans and this depends on it.

When I asked about the charge for 'hosting a feature service,' tech-support said that was only when you add a feature service as an item to the ArcGIS Online site via a rest end point, which seems strange as there is no storage associated with referencing a rest end point (is there?).

Can anyone offer clarification on this?

I would very much appreciate it.

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Randy,

A hosted feature service means the data is stored in ArcGIS Online and yes there is a small charge. Please see this document for details,

ArcGIS Online | Service Credits 

See the table mid-way down the page, look under the Storage section.

CapabilityService Credits Used
Storage
Feature Services Storage (excludes feature attachments)2.4 credits per 10 MB stored based on hourly calculations of storage per month
Tile and Data Storage (map tiles, feature attachments, scene layer packages, and documents)1.2 credits per 1 GB stored per month

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Randy,

A hosted feature service means the data is stored in ArcGIS Online and yes there is a small charge. Please see this document for details,

ArcGIS Online | Service Credits 

See the table mid-way down the page, look under the Storage section.

CapabilityService Credits Used
Storage
Feature Services Storage (excludes feature attachments)2.4 credits per 10 MB stored based on hourly calculations of storage per month
Tile and Data Storage (map tiles, feature attachments, scene layer packages, and documents)1.2 credits per 1 GB stored per month

Hope this helps,

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. I had seen that, but was told that that referred to feature services that were added as items, rather than the data for published feature services.

I just informed the tech support person I was working with.

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos