ArcPy 10.2.1 - Service Publishing Error

02-10-2014 12:46 PM
JasonGreenlaw
Occasional Contributor
Using ArcPy on Windows (via ArcGIS Desktop or iPython), I am able to successfully publish map services using the draft/stage/upload approach, however I am not able to perform the same task using ArcPy on the ArcGIS Server (Linux) machine itself.

Creating a draft and analyzing works fine, but when I attempt to stage the service (arcpy.StageService_server(...)) I'm encountering the following error:

arcgisscripting.ExecuteError: ERROR 001270: Consolidating the data failed.
Failed to execute (StageService).

I am using ArcGIS Server 10.2.1 for Linux (RHEL 6, x86_64)

There are several other forum posts mentioning this error message, but I've tried the advice mentioned (shortening staging/connection path names, ensuring adequate storage is available, etc.), but nothing has resolved the problem.

Since I am using the Python/ArcPy environment packaged with the ArcGIS Server machine itself, I suspect what I'm trying to do may not be possible as the ArcInfo licensing level may be required, but that's just a guess.

Is it possible to publish a service using ArcPy on the ArcGIS Server machine itself?

This seems like it should be a fairly common task for enterprise ArcGIS Server installations, since publishing large map services to a remote ArcGIS Server over the internet (not a LAN) is quite time-consuming, so it would be nice to be able to copy the MXD/data to the server manually and run the publishing locally.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucaSimone
New Contributor III
Same problem here, looking around the general solution was to change the stage folder to something short like: C:\temp
but did't solve my problem.
Now I deploy the service by saving the service definition and then publish it in the ArcGisServer Manager (web admin).
It's the only way to deploy a Geoprocessing tool for me right now...
0 Kudos
JasonGreenlaw
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the input.  That sounds like a good workaround for some services, but I don't think that will work for shapefile-based map services that copy data to the server.  However I suppose it should work if the shapefiles are copied over manually to a registered data store folder.

Hopefully ESRI can give an answer as to whether or not the original approach is possible.
0 Kudos
DavidBowman
New Contributor
I'm having exactly the same problem.
Everything publishes fine from ArcMap but using arcpy it fails.

Tried moving everything from my project to C:/temp/ as suggested by other users but no luck.

I'm wondering if it's because I have a trial license but would be good to have this clarified!
The whole reason for the trial is to check we can get scripted publishing working before investing.
0 Kudos