Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGis servers joining site

07-25-2023 04:00 AM
abdelsalmelmoursi
Occasional Contributor

I'm traying to join ArcGis server to site which have one working server the issue is after joining successfully and the Map services is working well on both two servers after at most 20 minutes the server is going out from the site by it self 

ArcServer 10.8.1 standard 

I have shared folder for the configuration and services and its accessible for the service account user

I'm  using the same service account user used on both servers and it has full control on Arcgis folder and python27 folder ,arcgisserver folder

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

did you try join site from the new machine or add machine from the existing machine?

0 Kudos
abdelsalmelmoursi
Occasional Contributor

Hello BillFox

I'm traying from the existing machine manager window

0 Kudos
ArchitSrivastava
Frequent Contributor

Hello @abdelsalmelmoursi ,

I understand that is weird and the major concern would be that it everything is configured perfectly then why after 20 mins the problem occurs. 

What I would recommend is that we start from the basic to get to the bottom of this issue. Can you check the following :

If can share those logs, I can have a look at them also.

Hope it helps!

-Archit

0 Kudos
abdelsalmelmoursi
Occasional Contributor

Hello ArchitSrivastava

thanks for your response i reviewed all the Considerations before joining a site 

but the issue still happening 

i will share with you the log file 

0 Kudos
ArchitSrivastava
Frequent Contributor

Hello @abdelsalmelmoursi,

Apologies for the delay in response. 

I analyzed the log file and it seems that it all starts with the following error:

<Msg time="2023-08-02T11:24:19,579" type="INFO" code="7720" source="Server" process="9988" thread="1" methodName="" machine="machinename.domain.net" user="" elapsed="" requestID="">The cloud regions configuration file was deleted from this server machine. If you have other server machines in the site, please make sure that the file has been deleted from them as well.</Msg>

Could you please confirm the following:

• Is your config-store on a cloud server?
  • Check if the following are present and populated with information of both the machines:
    • \\<machine>\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\etc\config-store-connection.xml
    • \\<machine>\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\etc\machine-config.xml specifically "<HTTPS>6443</HTTPS>" section
    • \\<fileserver>\share\config-store\machines\<MACHINE>.<DOMAIN>.json
  • Check patches which are available from "ArcGIS Patch Notification" and if possible install those on both the machines.

I have seen a similar problem at v10.7.1 but not on any release after that.  Hopefully go through above steps will share more insight of fix the issue. If not, we can look into few more details but let's confirm the above.

Hope it helps!

-Archit

0 Kudos