Select to view content in your preferred language

Export data on item info page for server-based feature services?

Jump to solution
04-03-2023 08:33 AM
Jay_Gregory
Regular Contributor

It's very easy with hosted feature layers to allow users to export the data to CSV, GeoJSON, Shapefile, etc. from the item info page via the Export Data button.

I would like to enable this for server-based feature layers with the extract capability enabled.  However, when I look at the item info page for the Feature Layer there is no Extract Data button available, and no options on the Settings tab to enable it.  Which means users wanting to export the data will either need Pro, or to use the Extract Data from the analysis pane of the Map Viewer, which seems like too many steps when you just want to export the data. 

Is there any way to enable this capability for Server based feature services?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@Jay_Gregory  Thanks for reaching out

Unfortunately, this is not directly possible. There is an existing enhancement requesting this functionality in ENH-000115710.

As a workaround In the ArcGIS Enterprise portal Map Viewer, the analysis tool ‘Extract Data’ can be used to export referenced (ArcGIS Server-based) feature layers, provided they meet the requirements outlined in the following documentation:

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
berniejconnors
Regular Contributor

Jay,

I have not tried this but here is a suggestion.  Create a URL for the REST API that will extract all of the records and then embed that URL in the Item Info page of the feature service.  This may give you some of the functionality you need.  Here is a sample URL for a wilde fire feature service I found on AGOL (contains 115 records):

https://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Wildfire/FeatureServer/0/query?where=1%3...

Bernie.

0 Kudos
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@Jay_Gregory  Thanks for reaching out

Unfortunately, this is not directly possible. There is an existing enhancement requesting this functionality in ENH-000115710.

As a workaround In the ArcGIS Enterprise portal Map Viewer, the analysis tool ‘Extract Data’ can be used to export referenced (ArcGIS Server-based) feature layers, provided they meet the requirements outlined in the following documentation:

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
DavidMcCorkindale1
New Contributor III

Hi @Richard_Purkis ,

Is there an update (or preferably an ETA) on ENH-000115710.  We're currently building an open data portal using ArcGIS Enterprise Sites, but all our open data services are server-based feature services.  Without this capability sites doesn't allow any download capabilities.

Thanks.

Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@DavidMcCorkindale1 There has been no update since 2020 and since the severity is low I don't expect this to change in the immediate future. The work around is the recommended approach.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos