ArcGIS Server SOE gives Invalid MXD error

286
1
Jump to solution
08-15-2021 05:34 AM
EricFulcher1
New Contributor III

So, I've got a web app that uses an SOE which is published from the IIS server to a couple of AGS boxes. When, we try to run a call against the SOE we get the following error.

We can open the mxd and everything is sourced properly. We were forced to change our Oracle DB passwords and had to resource the mxd and republish it. And that's what we see in the location below. So I wonder if something in AGS has been cached with the old passwords. And everything worked fine until this change was made. 

Also, we  deleted the old map service and created it with the updated mxd - same name.

And we restarted ALL of the AGS boxes after this.

Production help - so any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

 

 

2021/08/15 05:13:50.113 | Error | Error in NxProxySOE.MethodHandler:System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The format of the document \\ogsgisfs01ptul\ags_1031\prod\prod07\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\leaksurvey\leaksurvey.mapserver\extracted\v101\leaksurvey.mxd is invalid.
at ESRI.ArcGIS.Carto.MapReaderClass.Open(String FilePath)
at com.threegis.nx.server.carto.MapServiceHelper.GetMap(NxMapServer nxMapServer, String mapName, Boolean refreshWorkspace)
at ThreeGIS.Mobile.Server.Data.Fetch.IsLayer(String tableName, NxMapServer nxMapServer)
at ThreeGIS.Mobile.Server.Data.Fetch.RowsByDate(String tableName, String modifiedFieldName, String serializedLastSyncDate, NxMapServer nxMapServer)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricFulcher1
New Contributor III

Answer:

The MXD had previously been upgraded multiple times -including from 10.3 to 10.6. We exported the layer files and added to a new mxd. All worked.

Must have been some garbage in the mxd that caused the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EricFulcher1
New Contributor III

Answer:

The MXD had previously been upgraded multiple times -including from 10.3 to 10.6. We exported the layer files and added to a new mxd. All worked.

Must have been some garbage in the mxd that caused the issue.

0 Kudos