Arcgis Server .sd file

03-13-2016 05:44 AM
DEVAPP
by
New Contributor III

Hi at all,

i have a question.

I have crete a .sd file taht have more layers. Each layer is load by a sde connection that have a specific user and psw.

Now if i take this sd file and i try to publish this sd file into a production enviromets that have a sde connecttion with a different psw, the layer of services will not be visible in the service.

Right?

If sd file have a sde connection, the ArcGIS server that publish the sd file must have the same sde connection with the same user and psw?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi

When you publish the sd the server check all data sources and comper them into the registered data sources.

check this: About registering your data with ArcGIS Server—Documentation | ArcGIS for Server

If the data source does not exists in the registered data sources list it will be copied to the server when published.

0 Kudos
DEVAPP
by
New Contributor III

Ok.

I have 2 enviromets, in each of it i have sde connection registered into AGS.

Now if in the envoromet 1 the sde connection have a psw different sde connection registered into enviromet 2 , in this case AGS copy all data into the server or not?

The data stored into table of sde are dinamically update, so i would like to know if i publish my sd file on a second AGS this have a sde connetction registered, but this connection have a different psw. My layer into service are also update?

Thanks

0 Kudos