Select to view content in your preferred language

Arcgis server patch keeps installing

02-24-2023 02:58 AM
LachlanWainwright
New Contributor II

Hi

A fresh install of 10.9.1 Enterprise on Azure hosted Windows 2019 servers(3) using Powershell DSC.

After it was installed,  licensed and configured I ran the install option again to patch all the machines. This appeared to work without issue.

But...it appears the log4j patch is in a continuous install loop. Every 15mins its installs again and restarts AGS.

I uninstalled the patch via control panel and it ran again and it installed itself again. Server has been restarted etc.

Does anyone know how to stop this?

Thanks

Lachlan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Felipe_Costa
New Contributor III

Hello,

You can try to remove the patch file from your server. Like this I believe Windows has nothing to install and it won't be possible to start again.

You can also check if the Windows Installer is showing any strange behavior on Event Viewer.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos
LachlanWainwright
New Contributor II

Hi

Thanks for the response @Felipe_Costa I checked event viewer and manually uninstalled it too. In the end I found it was my inability to search the internet properly.

As I was using DSC to do the install there's  a crafty little setting I have never set which basically stop DSC from trying to reinstall and reinstall.  This is covered in https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-powershell-dsc/issues/394 which one of the ESRI DSC legends pointed me to (thanks Cameron K.).  I made the setting change  in Powershell and bingo, all is sweet, it does not keep installing.

Information on the LCM setting is here V4. Getting Started · Esri/arcgis-powershell-dsc Wiki · GitHub, Dot point 1 😁

Thanks Felipe and Cameron K.