Undo Join Feature in Map Viewer

02-24-2023 10:41 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I would like to add a field in my feature layer.  However,  this is not possible because I have used the feature layer in map viewer and created a join. The image below is how I created the join in map viewer.  I need to know how to undo the join. Simply removing the join does not allow me to add a field. Does anyone know the steps to undo a join? @ChrisDelaney   Thank you very much, Annette

AnnettePoole1_0-1677264001472.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Michael_Kraus
Occasional Contributor

Join Features will create a new layer with the results of the join.  It isn't an in-memory join like in desktop ArcGIS applications, so there is no real undoing of the join - other than deleting the resultant layer.

To add a field to your feature layer, look in the Contents at the item details page - Data - Fields - Add Field

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Yes you are right, I meant to say creating a join view.  With a join view, unfortunately you cannot add fields. See images.  When the layer is a join view, that's when you have to undo it.  The add, plus sign, in the Critical Infrastructure Data and Survey is missing because I used this layer in a join view. 

No Add.PNG 

I did receive instructions on how to undo the join view.  Here it is in the blog - https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-solutions/latest/reference/configure-police-transparency.htm#ESRI_S....

Thank you,

Annette

0 Kudos