ArcGIS Server Manager : The page cannot be displayed”

02-15-2016 09:44 PM
GISGroup
New Contributor II

Greetings All,

I have installed ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 on Windows Server. The installation was successful however I could not access ArcGIS Server Manager. The following is the details:

Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

ArcGIS Server Version: ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 Advanced Enterprise

Browser: Internet Explorer 11

ArcGIS Server service is running. It seems, the port 6099 is being used.  When I access the ArcGIS Server Manager, the following message is displayed.

Error Message: “The page cannot be displayed” . Even if I use port 6099, the same error message is displayed. I have also tried using IP address but no luck.

http://localhost:6080/arcgis/manager

http://localhost:6099/arcgis/manager

Request your support.

Regards,

Kishore

0 Kudos
17 Replies
GISGroup
New Contributor II

Thanks Jayantha, I have already emailed to local ESRI Distributor and waiting for the feedback.

0 Kudos
MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III

Is the ArcGIS Server service running on the server?

Remote into the server and open the services application and make sure the "ArcGIS Server" service is running.

0 Kudos
GISGroup
New Contributor II

Yes I checked, ArcGIS Server is running

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1
Occasional Contributor III

I just saw this same issue with an install I did.  We had ArcGIS Server previously installed and uninstalled it.  We left the old ArcGIS user account and the arcgisserver folder in the c drive when we reinstalled and ArcGIS Server Manager failed to load.

To fix it, I uninstalled ArcGIS Server, deleted the ArcGIS Server local account and deleted the arcgisserver folder on the c drive.  Then I Reinstalled and the Create New Site page opened.

-Steven

0 Kudos
GISGroup
New Contributor II

Hi Steven,

I did the same twice. I uninstalled ArcGIS Server, removed all the arcgis server folders from installation directory and then removed argis account. After new installation, the same problem persists.

_ Kishore

0 Kudos
AllenGuan1
New Contributor II

I got the same issue. The 1st time I installed ArcGIS server 10.3.0, the build new site page came up, and I assigned the site to be on a network drive. But the site build hanged so I killed it, then unable to get the manager up. So I reinstalled ArcGIS 10.3.0 several times, but never got the manager page up. The service shows the arcgisserver is up and running, but the Task Manager shows arcgiserver service stopped (start it resulted it be stopped). One strange thing is every time I did a reinstall, I got the config-store created on the previous network drive, and I think this might be the cause. But I don't know how to change it back to c:\arcgisserver. The reinstall remembers the 1st install foot print. I have had severalother  servers running 10.3.0 and 10.3.1 without any installation issues, but this one got me.

0 Kudos
AllenGuan1
New Contributor II

Ok, mystery solved. I believe it is a bug in the installation. At the beginning of 1st install, I exported the ArcGIS server account username/password to a config file to the network location. In subsequent reinstalls, I used this file to proceed the installation and the installation loaded the config-store to where the config file is, i.e., the network location. This does not work with IIS so the manager page did not come up. I reinstalled software with the config file in C:\arcgisserver and the installation is successful. I am able to build a new site quickly.

0 Kudos
VasiliyKochetkov
New Contributor

I have such issue when install different versions of ArcGIS Server on the PC where ArcGIS Server was installed earlier and found a one possible solution: delete all the folders from ArcGIS folder in Program Files (C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server by default) before installation of a new version.

0 Kudos