ArcGIS Server Manager: Statistics Page CheckBox Error Chrome 54, 55

12-14-2016 11:40 AM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi -  I have recently noticed that I cannot select map service folders or single map services via the checkbox while in

the Manager statistics page when using Chrome version 54.x and now at version 55.0.2883.87

Server Stats Page Error

Basically the checkboxes don't activate.  I can't say exactly when this occured, sometime over the last 10 days.  I then updated to chrome 55 yesterday, same behavior.  I then noticed I hadn't updated the latest manager service pack:

Announcement: Errors Encountered in ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS Web Apps after Certain Brows... 

But after running this sp, still same behavior.  ie11 and edge are ok-

Thanks,

David

22 Replies
StephenRuhl1
New Contributor II

This is still an issue as of almost a year later.  Has there been a patch or fix released by Esri?

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I know what you know which is to say nothing.  If anything, the issue is worse and we are all now at 60.x  - and I now see similar mal-behavior in IE11.  My guess is ESRI doesn't really care since Server Manager isn't part of Enterprise

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I do not see this behavior for IE11 (11.0.9600.18697) whether working against AGS 10.3.1 or 10.5.1, as the checkboxes work for me in IE11.

Can you explain in more detail "Server Manager isn't part of Enterprise"?  I ask because I thought ESRI started this name at 10.5.0 and I am working in AGS 10.5.1 and I have access to Server Manager.

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

I'd personally argue that Server Manager (and the functionality underlying functionality provided by the Admin API) are both a relevant and critical aspect of Enterprise GIS management. While the security aspect has moved over to Portal side, Server Manager still provides a way to mange service tuning and performance, data registration for services that aren't hosted, GIS Server state and service access logging, et al.

My understanding of this particular issue is that a fix requires an update to the internal Server framework and JS API - not just a few code tweaks here and there. I'd look for this to be addressed in the 10.6 timeframe.

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Michael, I'm glad to hear you say that but I have now been experiencing issues in IE11 for I'd say 3-4 months.  I didn't expressly mean that Server Manager isn't part of Enterprise.  What I mean is that I just don't think that their focus is on this fix.  I should have worded that better. 

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Dave:

Are you working with AGS 10.5.0 or .1?

Also, what are the exact issues that you are experiencing in IE11 as I did not have checkbox issues myself in 10.5.1?

Do you have Portal enabled in your environment?  If so, that might be why you could be experiencing more issues as my org has not yet implemented Portal (just AGOL).

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Michael - I'm basically in the same setup as you, but have ArcServer 10.5.1 working stand-alone in a dev environment. Production is at 10.4.1 until we stand up new virtual servers where we plan to federate with Portal, incorporate Data Store and designate our site as hosting.  IE is just flaky.  Most of the time the checkboxes work fine, a few times they don't.  Nothing specific unfortunately.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

One improvement I've noticed with AGS 10.5.1 and Chrome 58 compared with AGS 10.3.1 and Chrome 58 is that I can now register a 10.5.1 database connection in Server Manager for a 10.5.1 AGS site whereas I was unable to register a 10.3.1 database connection in Server Manager for a 10.3.1 AGS site.  My workaround at 10.3.1 was to use IE11 to register database connections in Server Manager for a 10.3.1 AGS site.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Good to know Michael. Is this the case with the latest Chrome 60.x?

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

It looks like this issue with statistics in Server Manager and Chrome has been resolved with AGS 10.7.

0 Kudos