ArcGIS Server Manager | Service error

03-01-2018 12:49 AM
RvBalimi
New Contributor II

Hi there,

Not able to 'create new Site'  on ArcGIS Server Manager after ArcGIS Server 10.6 , error attached 

The server was unable to access the URL 'https://hostname:6443/arcgis/services'. Please check your firewall and security settings. For more information, see the ArcGIS Server help topic Ports used by ArcGIS Server. You can access this topic in the table of contents by navigating to Administering ArcGIS Server > Securing your ArcGIS Server site > Configuring a secure environment for ArcGIS Server.

My Env :  ArcGIS 10.6 on SUSE Linux, Server Installation successful. No firewall running on the server.

Any advice- Thank you 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
JohanLundgren
Occasional Contributor

Did you manage to solve this? I get the same error when trying to create an ArcGIS site with 10.6.1 on a Windows Server 2012. I change the firewall to accept the following programs:

• <ArcGIS Server installation location>\bin\ArcSOC.exe
  • <ArcGIS Server installation location>\framework\etc\service\bin\ArcGISServer.exe
  • <ArcGIS Server installation location>\framework\runtime\jre\bin\javaw.exe
  • <ArcGIS Server installation location>\framework\runtime\jre\bin\rmid.exe

Also added ports in the firewall: 1098, 4000-4004, 6006, 6080, 6099, and 6443.

Added arcgis user to the Administrator group.

I previously installed ArcGIS server 10.6 on a Windows Server 2012 and could create a site without any problem.

About above suggestions, to test connection to the REST service. Why testing that when the site isn't created yet? This problem is not about connection to the REST service. It's about creating an initial ArcGIS site and where it fails for us.

0 Kudos
KymMcDonagh
New Contributor II

Hi Johan

Did you figure out what to do? I have the same issue with 10.6.1 on windows server 2012

0 Kudos
JohanLundgren
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kym,

No, not really. I tested with both ArcGIS 10.4.1 and 10.6.1 and both gave me problems on a Windows Server 2012. Then, I installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 and it worked fine. Not sure if the problem might have been caused by any settings in the virus program (Symantec). Both servers was installed with Symantec and on Windows Server 2012 R2 it worked fine, but not on Windows Server 2012. So, I'm not sure what the problem was. I also describe it here: https://community.esri.com/message/796933-re-connector-for-6443-not-added-in-tomcat-after-installati... 

0 Kudos
KymMcDonagh
New Contributor II

Solved our issue. Was nothing to do anti virus

When setting up the initial ArcGIS enterprise account (before you install the components) I initially set it up as a local account when it should have set it up as a domain account. The local account was throwing up issues for us and not letting me configure arcgis server site. Everything ran smoothy and configured under a domain account with permissions on the server. The domain account we used was also down as an administrator user on the server and can be seen when you click into users on the control panel.

JohanLundgren
Occasional Contributor

If I install by using the default arcgis user, it will not work on Windows Server 2012 but works fine on Windows Server 2012 R2? Or do I misunderstand? Is this described in ArcGIS server documentation?

So, before installation of arcgis server 10.4.1 and 10.6.1 on Windows Server 2012, we should create a domain user and install by using that user. We should not let the ArcGIS installation to create a new local user during the installation when we install ArcGIS server on Windows Server 2012. On Windows Server 2012 R2 it works fine to let the ArcGIS installation to create a new  local user.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

The account used to run ArcGIS Server can be a local or domain account on any version of ArcGIS Server and any OS type. Any issues with local accounts are likely due to permissions.