Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Server Locator Fails To Geocode Full Address

2 weeks ago
brublanc
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm running into an issue with one of our in-house street address locators. The short version of it is that the locator functions as intended when forward geocoding a partially filled address, but the moment the full address is provided, the score drops to 0 and no result is returned. This only happens with the hosted locator service. The local locator file finds a match with a 100 score as intended. See below for more details.

The full address that we're trying to geocode in this example is 7416 Talos Dr

When we input 7416 Talos D we get the correct match with a score of 91.68, but when we include the entire address (add the r), we get no results and a score of 0.00 (see the server logs below).

brublanc_0-1726087310361.png

The locator was built using the following field mapping:

brublanc_1-1726087436543.png

... and the following match options:

brublanc_2-1726087590625.png

Note: Matching with no zones and comprehensive matching being set to no is intentional. The incoming data and the streets used for the locator have perfectly matching zones at this point because of QAQC that's done on the data.

Note 2: The locator in question can be found here: https://arcgis.shelbycounty911.org/server/rest/services/StreetAddressStandalone/GeocodeServer. I made it public temporarily.

Any assistance would be helpful.

Edit: To clarify. I just don't get why that match score drops to zero when it should be 100 instead. Can anyone spot any blaring issues or maybe give me a couple of pointers in terms of troubleshooting? I'm running out of ideas.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
LavanyaVasudevanNES
New Contributor

Try bumping the Minimum match score and Minimum candidate score to 80.  

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@brublanc When you use the local locator are you batch geocoding a table or are you searching for the same partial address in the Locate pane of ArcGIS Pro? Match with no zones set to 'No' means that you must include a zone or location (city, county, state, zip) with the address in order to get a match to the input address. Find Address Candidates: (StreetAddressStandalone) (shelbycounty911.org)

In ArcGIS Pro the center of the map is used as location and is part of the request to the locator, so you don't have to include the zone in the Locate pane as you will get suggestions to choose from that include the zones that were mapped when building the locator. Via the REST endpoint there is no sense of location because there is no map and you would need to include a value in the location parameter in the findAddressCandidates request or include the city, state, or zip.

location: Find Address Candidates: (StreetAddressStandalone) (shelbycounty911.org)

with zip: Find Address Candidates: (StreetAddressStandalone) (shelbycounty911.org)

I see that you have FeatureID mapped, do you have duplicate features with different attributes in the data used to build the locator? If not, the FeatureID field should not be mapped. Does the service behave differently when FeatureID is not mapped when building the locator?

0 Kudos