Arcgis server - how many time user authentificated ?

09-19-2017 06:03 AM
LaurentDuruflé
New Contributor II

When user connect from our client web application to Arcgis Server, this require an initial authentication (login/pwd) which will be valid for, let's say 60mn as per Arcgis server settings.

After this period another manual user authentication will be needed from client side.

I would like to get, from Arcgis Server logs, the number of time a manual authentication occurred (per user, for statistics purpose). However looking at the various Arcgis Server log I cannot see how I could get this information.

Any idea?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Have you tried to increase the logging level to see if the information you're looking for is logged at a more verbose level?  At Fine, i see this information:

You could query the logs for messages where the Method is "WebSecurityManager.authenticate" and then check the User to see who is making that request.

LaurentDuruflé
New Contributor II

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your feedback.

In fact I have already investigated on that way but the problem is that I get several log entries for Method "WebSecurityManager.authenticate" and for the same user during the period user is using the web application (see snapshot below). So I cannot get the specific log entry corresponding to when user manually login (and thus get granted with token authentication).

0 Kudos