Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS server does not participate in any server site

02-16-2019 05:13 PM
DondreTrotman
Emerging Contributor

I have ArcGIS server 10.4 installed on a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine. When I try to access the server manager I get the following message. "This machine does not currently participate in an ArcGIS Server site. You can either create a new site or join an existing site."

If I try to join an existing site, it says invalid name or password. The thing is, I'm pretty sure I know what the admin account credentials are. If I try resetting the password using the password reset tool on the server, it gives me "Error: Site has not been created or is not ready. Please try again later"

Even if I try to create a new site, I get an error stating "Failed to create the site. The configuration store location contains server configuration files that being used by another site"

I'm at a loss as to what to try next barring scrapping everything and starting from scratch. Is there anything else that I can try that I've missed? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Was a site created before? Is this a new install or was everything working correctly before?

The issue is that you may have files/folders within the config-store or directories path that associate those directories with an existing site, so you can't use them for a new site. If this is supposed to be a new install, you can delete the contents of the config-store and directories. If this was a functional site and things stopped working for some reason, I'd strongly suggest you contact Tech Support to sort out what happened. If you want to fix this yourself, you can backup the config-store and directories folders, (just in case), search for .dat files within each directory and delete them. These files associate the config-store and directories to a site. By deleting them, you're telling Server it can use the folders and any existing data within them.

If this was an existing environment, it would be good for you to investigate what happened with Tech Support, though.