ArcGIS Server 10.2 shows Zero instances running / in use in ArcCatalog

08-19-2013 11:50 PM
MarkSmith
New Contributor III
Hello,

Is it me?  I have ArcGIS Server 10.2 installed on a development server and on a production server and ArcGIS Desktop 10.2 installed on the servers too.  On both servers I have set up and ArcGIS Server admin connection in ArcCatalog so I can administer my services without using Manager.  And on both servers my lists of services show zero Instances Running and zero Instances in Use, however in Manager I see the correct numbers and all the services are working fine.

If I stop a single service in ArcCatalog and start it then the numbers for that service appear, but if I then right click and refresh (the view of services, not the service itself), then it reverts to zero/zero again.  Like I say, my services are all working normally, it's just the display in Catalog that shows zero/zero.

Anyone else found this?

Thank you.

Mark.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ESRI_UKTechnical_Support
New Contributor
NIM094009 - On viewing ArcGIS for Server 10.1 and 10.2 contents in ArcCatalog 10.2, the Instances Running column shows zero instances running for all the services.
0 Kudos
JoeTosoni
New Contributor
Hello -any updates on the behavior explained in the first post here? I have 10.2.2 installed in prod and test environments and every time I view the contents on my services in ArcCatalog they show 0 instances running and 0 in use - what is going on here? In 10.0 server I always found these numbers to be fairly accurate and updated. Also, what is NIM094009? Any insight on this issue would be appreciated - thanks!
0 Kudos
HeathBrackett1
Occasional Contributor II
Joe,

NIM094009 is the bug number associated with that bug.  You can view some details about the bug by going to www.support.esri.com and searching for that bug number.  It looks like the bug has not been fixed yet. 

Heath
0 Kudos
JoeTosoni
New Contributor
Nice, thanks for your prompt reply and info Heath - I'll check the bug out.

-Joe
0 Kudos
MelissaNorthey
Occasional Contributor

Oh-no, I'm just coming across this post today looking for an answer to the same problem in 10.4!  Searching for the NIM referenced before shows that it was fixed at 10.3, but I'm here to tell you it's back at 10.4.  I've submitted it to support and was informed that they already had a bug out on it.  It is BUG-000083052 for anyone else stumbling upon this thread in search of help.