ArcGIS Pro Licensing - New to Enterprise Deployment

Jump to solution
01-22-2024 09:49 AM
MeganEngel
Occasional Contributor II

I am new to deploying and administering Enterprise (not new to using it as creator) and seeking some clarification so I understand the licensing.  We currently are 100% in AGO and run our licensing through there as such.   We are planning to migrate to Enterprise and my questions revolve around the initial capabilities with Enterprise and what (if any) additional Licensees (for Pro and additional extensions) I need to purchase.  

The base deployment for standard comes with 5 creators and unlimited viewers, which is perfect.  That said, do those creator accounts include Pro (+ extensions) or do I need to purchase those separately? From the documentation I have read I need the ArcGIS Professional or Professional plus; neither one of those are included in the base offering of Enterprise correct?  Thus I would need Enterprise Standard + 4 Professional/plus user types (with pro), or would I just purchase the number of pro licenses I need?

Thank you in advance for your help and information as navigate this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Enterprise doesn't include ArcGIS Pro licenses by default, and that would be an additional purchase of the GIS Professional user type or standalone Pro licenses. If your ArcGIS Online account will be active moving forward, I would recommend keeping the ArcGIS Pro licenses there. If the goal is to fully move away from ArcGIS Online to use ArcGIS Enterprise only, then I would reach out to your Esri CSR (customer service rep) and ask about transferring the licenses from AGOL to Enterprise. That's a one time only action, and can't be undone later (without an extra cost).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Enterprise doesn't include ArcGIS Pro licenses by default, and that would be an additional purchase of the GIS Professional user type or standalone Pro licenses. If your ArcGIS Online account will be active moving forward, I would recommend keeping the ArcGIS Pro licenses there. If the goal is to fully move away from ArcGIS Online to use ArcGIS Enterprise only, then I would reach out to your Esri CSR (customer service rep) and ask about transferring the licenses from AGOL to Enterprise. That's a one time only action, and can't be undone later (without an extra cost).

MeganEngel
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @ReeseFacendini, thank you so much for the information.  We will be using Enterprise and AGO, since there are items that we need to have publicly available for data entry and do not need folks going past a firewall to access those items.  I assume pricing for those items is similar; for us the only benefit would be a cost reduction for one option over the other and thus going with that option.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

Agreed, it is not uncommon to use AGO as your ArcGIS Pro license manager and then interact with other ArcGIS Enterprise Portals.  You only need to ensure you have enough of the right type of Enterprise licenses for your users.

GISP