Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Portal Hosting Server and Managed Database

01-18-2020 04:44 AM
FarakhSaeed
New Contributor

Hi, 

I need to use Survey123 with my ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 platform and for that need to setup Hosting Server. (OS Platform: Windows 2016 server, IIS, and PostGreSQL DB). 

I see all my Data Stores perfectly validated in ArcGIS Server Manager including Managed Database which is a requirement for hosting server. However, I do have an SSL Certificate error (number 2 on the picture) which I'm not sure might be contributing to the problem. 

On the Portal Admin page, I get "No hosting server" in the drop-down menu. Please note that this time there is no SSL Certificate problem and server is also validated. 

I'll really appreciate if someone could guide me how to debug and fix this problem. Please let me know if you require any further information. Thanks in advance. 

Farakh

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Farak,

When you first install ArcGIS Server it uses a self signed certificate. By default this certificate uses the fully qualified domain name of the machine where ArcGIS Server is installed. When you access ArcGIS Server over port '6443' you are using this self singed certificate. Your browser may not trust this self signed certificate. 

The option to select a hosting server can be grayed out when there is a certificate trust issues between ArcGIS Server and Portal. There are a couple different ways to resolve this behavior. Which may depend on how you federated ArcGIS Server. The simplest way would be to import the certificate being used by ArcGIS Server into the Portal keystore. This will ensure portal trusts the ArcGIS Server certificate. 

I've linked some documentation below which talk about importing certificates in to portal.

Import a certificate into the portal—Portal for ArcGIS (10.7 and 10.7.1) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Thomas.

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/import-a-certificate-into-the-port...

0 Kudos