ArcGIS Icon Library for IT Architecture?

Jump to solution
05-26-2017 10:42 AM
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This question may have been asked recently, or at least before, but I can't seem to find a good answer, let alone the icons themselves.

It is getting more common today for companies to release icon libraries for doing architecture diagrams involving their software or platforms.  When I work with Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and others; I can just go to the web and download multiple formats of their architecture- or network-related icons:

From looking at both Esri's online documentation and the System Design Strategies - GIS Wiki | The GIS Encyclopedia , it is clear that Esri has an icon library.  In fact, they appear to be transitioning from a 10.1-10.4 icon library

to a 10.5+ icon library.

Personally, I like the older 10.1-10.4 icons more, but flattened, mono- or duo-colored icons appear to be all the rage these days.

So, my question is whether Esri makes their ArcGIS Icon Library for Architecture available, either publicly or to its customers?

44 Replies
RobertMiller4
New Contributor

Hi Gareth,

If you have not yet reached your threshold for sharing this link, it would be great to get a copy of these icons.  rfmiller@usgs.gov

Thanks so much.  

0 Kudos
LauraleeGann
New Contributor

Gareth, I too would very much appreciate the link for the icons   lgann@aep.com  or lauralee0722@gmail.com  Thank you very much for the effort--LL

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

All,

Please see this blog post by Jeff DeWeese, he's shared a collection of official esri icons.

https://community.esri.com/community/implementing-arcgis/blog/2019/12/18/esri-presentation-icons 

Hope this helps,

mapfun
by
New Contributor II

Any updated ESRI icons going around?

AndyIngall
New Contributor II

We could do with some updated ESRI Network icons...the old ones dont even have web adaptors or datastores...come on ESRI there is a big demand for these....

0 Kudos