Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise Datastore Reverts to Read-Only Mode After Server Reboot

07-12-2024 01:53 PM
NaveedAhmed2
New Contributor III

We are experiencing an issue with our ArcGIS Enterprise 10.91 setup, which includes a datastore deployed on a virtual machine (VM) server. Whenever this VM server reboots or we restart Enterprise services, the datastore automatically switches to Read-Only mode. To restore it to ReadWrite mode, we have to manually run the changedatastoremode command every time the server restarts.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @NaveedAhmed2 

I was curious how much storage the machine currently had? I once had the same issue, and it continued after a restart due to the machine having disk space insufficient to support the read-write mode.

Cody

0 Kudos
NaveedAhmed2
New Contributor III

Hi Cody,

Thanks for your response. Available disk space is 143 GB and I'm not sure if this is sufficient to support the read-write mode.

Naveed

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @NaveedAhmed2 

That space is very much sufficient, no doubt about it!

I looked at your screenshot on the other comment, and I don't see anything immediately suspicious or problem causing. For the time being, a .bat script can be created to run the changedatastoremode for you for the time being, this would occur every time the server is restarted, and would keep it up to that extent while looking into it.

I'll keep checking things out, and let you know when I find something!

Cody

0 Kudos
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @NaveedAhmed2 ,

In addition to what @CodyPatterson has mentioned. It would be great if you can check ArcGIS DataStore logs and if they show anything in regards to this. 

A documentation which can help with that  : Access log files 

Additionally, we can also try to utilize some DataStore command line utilities to help us dig deeper, if you can share the screenshot of the following, that would help in understanding the issue:

Hope it helps!

NaveedAhmed2
New Contributor III

Thanks, @ArchitSrivastava for your response. 

Please see the screenshots attached. Is there anything you notice below that is causing the issue. I appreciate your help.

NaveedAhmed2_0-1721064080964.png

NaveedAhmed2_1-1721064114534.png

0 Kudos
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @NaveedAhmed2 ,

Thanks for sharing these. I agree with @CodyPatterson that there is nothing suspicious which is visible in these screenshot. However, I would also request if you can share a copy of the ArcGIS Data Store logs perhaps something may show up there.

In regards to bat script can be created to run the changedatastoremode. I think you can schedule that to run at machine start up after reboot. So it will run every time you restart the Server. kindly find a sample below:

Save the file with a .bat extension, for example, set_datastore_readwrite.bat.

@echo off
cd "<ArcGIS Datastore installation directory>\tools"
managedb changedatastoremode --mode readwrite --store relational

Place this batch file in the Windows Startup folder or use Task Scheduler to run it at startup.

Hope it helps!