ArcGIS Enterprise Datastore/Hosting Server ?

02-04-2019 12:46 AM
MayurDodiya
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I have installed Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Server in single machine environment enterprise version 10.5.1

ArcGIS Server is federated with Portal and set as hosting server in Portal.

I have more than 100 Web maps and apps created and shared with my organization everything is working fine.

Now, I would like to install ArcGIS Datastore for analysis, publish scene layer, tile layer and so.. on.. 

Do I need to unfederate Server and install ArcGIS Datastore, configure Datastore and federate server again with Portal ?

What are the steps to install and configure Datastore without losing Portal items ? I want everything works normal after install and configure the Datastore ?

Would that possible to Install and configure Datastore where Server is already federated and set as hosting server ?

Any suggestion please ?

Thanks,

Dodiya Mayur

5 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

There's no need to unfederate Portal and Server when configuring the Data Store. Just install ArcGIS Data Store on whatever machine you want it running on, configure it with your existing federated Server, and then set the federated Server as the hosting Server via the Portal home page.

Data store need to install and reconfigure in existing Portal for ArcGIS is it required to unfederat... 

0 Kudos
MayurDodiya
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your quick reply.

My ArcGIS Server site already has an enterprise geodatabase registered as its managed database in Data Stores ArcGIS Server Manager.

Would that be an issue while configuring ArcGIS Data Store with exsiting federated Server ?

Thanks,

Mayur

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes, starting at 10.6.1 (I think), you can't use your own enterprise geodatabase as the managed database within an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment. You'll need to unregister that data store and register the ArcGIS Data Store.

0 Kudos
JohnBrockwell
Occasional Contributor III

Why would ESRI do that? We prefer a workflow where Collector for ArcGIS (for example) is used through Portal to write back to an enterprise geodatabase.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

This is only specific to if the server is the hosting server:

Change the managed database to an ArcGIS Data Store relational data store—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) |... 

Beginning with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, your portal's hosting server must use the relational data store provided through ArcGIS Data Store.

Not sure if that clarifies my comment.