Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise HA, AWS CloudFront, optimize?

02-06-2019 01:29 PM
JoeWeyl
Occasional Contributor

We have a HA Portal that needs to serve our Global Community (our company has offices in 160 countries), and when we first deployed our Enterprise environment we were getting very bad response times in Non-US Regions. Our DevOps consultant suggested we put CloudFront in our configuration to improve the network latency we were seeing. Initially it worked great as we were small enough that we didn't have many issues. CloudFront can serve static and dynamic content, and as we know Portal is dynamic. Fast forward 6-7 months and our growth has been exponential and users are getting various 502, 503 and 504 errors from CloudFront. This is affecting the ability to publish, especially Survey123 projects and it is also affecting users ability to overwrite content from ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro when updating services or deleting services.

Does anyone have any insight on how we might optimize CloudFront with our Portal? This is all new to me, and I am learning as I go along, so I want to get the information to my infrastructure team to figure out how we can improve the performance, or if CloudFront is not a Best Practice what we can do to help with latency?

0 Kudos
0 Replies