Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0: How to enable\disable data store when publishing?

10-02-2022 09:25 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0: How to enable\disable data store when publishing?

I couldn’t figure out how to enable\disable data store when publishing

Clip_233.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
20 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Hover over the button, does it give more information why?

Can you create a Hosted Feature Layer through the Portal for ArcGIS Interface? Sign into portal, go to Content, then Create Layer.

If you have not completed the ArcGIS Enterprise configuration (adding Hosting Server to Portal for ArcGIS) then I would expect this button to be greyed out. 

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

I couldn’t find the “create layer” button as per the screenshot below

Clip_276.jpg

Jamal Numan
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Click "New Item" and then "Feature Layer"

You can also check the Portal organization settings under servers, to see the hosting server configuration.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

As per the screenshots below, there is no “feature layer” option while clicking the “configure server role” option ends up with “Unable to load the ArcGIS Server backing stores and/or the ArcGIS Server license information” error

Clip_289.jpgClip_290.jpg

Clip_291.jpgClip_292.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

As per the screenshots below:

• The grayed out “publish” button says that the “your portal doesn’t support publishing”.
  • The “jama” member is with “creator” user type

What might be the issue here?

Clip_294.jpgClip_295.jpgClip_296.jpg

Jamal Numan
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

@JamalNUMAN this was a quick test to see if you could create hosted feature layers.

From your response it appears that you have not completed the ArcGIS Enterprise deployment or there is something wrong with your hosting server.

You should have a federated ArcGIS Server with an ArcGIS Data Store, relational + tile cache data store, and then set this server as your Hosting server in Portal for ArcGIS. This is considered a minimum for a 'base deployment' of ArcGIS Enterprise. It is necessary for hosted feature layers and apps that would create them (e.g. survey123)

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/configure-hosting-server-for-porta...

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

As per the screenshots below:

• The Relational ArcGIS Data Store and Tile Cache ArcGIS Data Store are configured
  • The federated ArcGIS Server is configured

But what do I need to do in order to “set this server as your Hosting server in Portal for ArcGIS”?

How this can be performed?

Clip_299.jpgClip_300.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

As per the screenshots below, the “configure server role” option ends up with “Unable to load the ArcGIS Server backing stores and/or the ArcGIS Server license information” error

What might be the issue here?

Clip_355.jpg

Jamal Numan
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

If you have ArcGIS Data Store licenced and configured with ArcGIS Server correctly, it may be communication issues between your Portal and Server. Even if they're on the same machine, you should consider them to be servers trying to communicate with each other. I've noticed you've configured the server as 'localhost'. I also see certificate warnings on your address bar. If you search that error code this is a technical article that comes up:

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000025762

Personally I'd look to revisit how ArcGIS Enterprise was deployed, and try to have the machine names and certificates and trust between enterprise components all configured properly. Doing things like importing certificates into server, portal and data store will save you from a ton of unexpected behaviour.

If you have the opportunity to do so I'd strongly recommend checking out the Esri Instructor lead 'configuring a base deployment of ArcGIS Enterprise' course.