ArcGIS DataStore Configuration Wizard Error

Jump to solution
01-16-2018 02:53 AM
MayurDodiya
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I am running Datastore configuration wizard and I get the below error message.

Instillation directory of data store is in C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\DataStore drive and data store content directory I am trying to configure in D drive.

Portal for ArcGIS (10.5) is federated with ArcGIS Server(10.5). I am putting the correct password of ArcGIS Server administrator.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Is this a new install?  Do you have an arcgisdatastore folder under the D:\ drive?  If so, stop the ArcGIS Data Store service, delete or rename the D:\arcgisdatastore folder, start ArcGIS Data Store, and then try again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Is this a new install?  Do you have an arcgisdatastore folder under the D:\ drive?  If so, stop the ArcGIS Data Store service, delete or rename the D:\arcgisdatastore folder, start ArcGIS Data Store, and then try again.

MayurDodiya
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, It worked now many thanks  . I did steps you mentioned and datastore register successfully.

Thanks

0 Kudos
BillHarvey1
New Contributor III

It could actually be the content directory you are selecting.   Is D:\ a mapped to a file share or a physical drive on the machine?

If it is a mapping it could be puking on that.  See note under step 4.

Create a data store—ArcGIS Data Store (Windows) Installation Guide | ArcGIS Enterprise 

You can set the file store backups to a file share, but the Data Stores have to be on the local machine(s).   If you need high availability, it will require a second machine and set that up as the standby.

This is all assuming it is the content directory.  If not, disregard at your leisure.  🙂

0 Kudos
MayurDodiya
Occasional Contributor

Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for your reply. I did the steps Jonathan mentioned and it worked.

Thanks,

0 Kudos