ArcGIS Data Store not validating

12-18-2023 02:52 AM
wizgis
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Community,

We are on ArcGIS enterprise 10.9.1 with portal, datastore and server on a single machine. All of a sudden, our ArcGIS Datastore is not validating from server manager. Things that I have checked so far 

a. Ensured that server account has permissions on following folders : C:\Python27, C:\ProgramFiles\ArcGIS

b. Ran describedatastore utility and it was showing datastore mode as READWRITE

c.  Checked the dsconnections.lst file located at C:\arcgisserver\config-store\data and its DateModified was getting updated after validating the datastore. 

d. Went through the logs and following messages were encountered:

• Connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized. FDO error  -2147221231 
  • DataStore machine has failed.
  • ArcGIS Data Store encountered too many problems. Failover may be invoked if standby is configured.
  • ArcGIS Data Store has detected an issue with 'db' 

On researching on this further I came across following link : https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-questions/arcgis-data-store-hosted-feature-layer-sto... where it has been mentioned to restart windows service of server and portal. 

Another thing that I have observed is that I am able to view the data of the hosted feature services from the item details page (not sure if this is an expected behavior).

Am wondering if I should move proceed with the process of restarting the windows service or is there something else to look into. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sakib_Meharan_Siddiquei
New Contributor II

Hi,

maybe you should try to unregister datastore, and then re-register again with your AGServer.

MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, you can Stop / Start the ArcGIS Data Store Windows Service manually and then check the status of the data store again with the "describedatastore" command then try to validate again in ArcGIS Server Manager > Sites > Data Store.

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
wizgis
by
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you for your suggestions. Fortunately, datastore started to validate the next day. Guess needed to give it some time. 

0 Kudos