ArcGIS 10.2.x for Server Functionality Matrix

Jump to solution
10-16-2014 09:04 AM
FranciscoAcosta_Bazán
New Contributor III

Has anyone ever noticed that unlike previous versions has been added this paragraph? :

Note: All databases are read-only in ArcGIS for Server Basic Enterprise edition and read / write in for ArcGIS Server Advanced Enterprise Standard and Enterprise editions (except for IBM Netezza and Teradata, Which are read-only). SQL Server Express is read-only in ArcGIS for Server Workgroup Basic edition and read / write in for ArcGIS Server Workgroup Advanced Standard and Workgroup editions.

That allows me to now ArcGIS for Server Basic license? .

If it is read-only, as I have been able to create feature services? By the way, is the only ability that I found when enabled in my test environment.

I can not view the service created in ArcMap, only viewers in flex or silverlight.

No sample Cities services also

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor

Hi Francisco,

I'm not sure I understand the question entirely but you can find the functionality matirx here:

links.esri.com/esri-arcgis_server_product_functionality_matrix

The thing to note is that there are only a few service types available with a basic license, the most important being feature service (read only). There is no sample cities service because it is a dynamic map service.

ArcGIS_Server_Licensing.png

I hope this answers your question,

-Danel

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor

Hi Francisco,

I'm not sure I understand the question entirely but you can find the functionality matirx here:

links.esri.com/esri-arcgis_server_product_functionality_matrix

The thing to note is that there are only a few service types available with a basic license, the most important being feature service (read only). There is no sample cities service because it is a dynamic map service.

ArcGIS_Server_Licensing.png

I hope this answers your question,

-Danel