AGS10.1 - Failed to create service "System/CachingTools.GPServer"

06-15-2012 12:17 PM
BerndMareth
Esri Contributor
Hello,
during site creation with ArcGIS for Server Enterprise 10.1 (final) I get the following error:

Failed to create the site. Failed to create the service "System/CachingTools.GPServer".
(also see attachment)

Is this a known error and does anybody know a solution? (the log file also only contains this error message and provides no further details)

Thanks,
Bernd
17 Replies
AndrewCox
New Contributor II
Bernd,

I am getting exactly the same error. Did you manage to find a solution to this?

Regards
Andy
0 Kudos
AndrewCox
New Contributor II
Bernd,

Did you have the pre-release installed on the machine before you tried to install the final release? The only reason I ask is I've just installed the final release on a new machine and the site creation worked fine.

I think the only difference between them was I had previously installed the pre-release on the machine where the site creation failed.

Thanks
Andy
0 Kudos
BerndMareth
Esri Contributor
The only solution i have is to uninstall and reinstall ArcGIS for Server 10.1 - on some machines this helped (but I had to do it for a few times).

Pre-release was not installed - but ArcGIS 10 was (on some machines Desktop+Server, on some only Desktop).

Bernd
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
Have you details in log?
What's the international settings in your computer?
0 Kudos
BerndMareth
Esri Contributor
No, the log file shows only the same error message like the browser - notthing else.

Normally it is German, but I also tried English (US) as mentioned in another thread.
0 Kudos
IainCampion
New Contributor III
re: 10.1 new out of the box install no pre release

I've had this same issue and it appears to work if you turn back the security to

Configuration Settings

User Store: ArcGIS Server Built-in
Role Store: ArcGIS Server Built-in
Authentication Tier GIS Server
Authentication Mode: ArcGIS Tokens

I had it connected to the domain accounts ... which would have been better to manage.

errors were

Error executing tool.: ERROR 999999: Error executing function. Unidentified Error Failed to execute (ReportCacheStatus).
Error executing tool.: ERROR 999999: Error executing function. Unidentified Error Failed to execute (ReportCacheStatus).
Could not retrieve cache job details to fix.
System/CachingTools.GPServer failed to process request.
The containing process for 'System/CachingTools' job 'j9521a6ac2823441da5a2806712ecc040' has crashed.
0 Kudos
ChristophSpoerri
New Contributor III
Hi,

I'm having the same problem with 10.1 Release.

I tried to solve the problem (as suggested by Bernd) by reinstalling the server, but no luck. Yet, when I tried to connect to the manager after the failed setup of the site, the admin interface came up anyway. But I noticed, that the directory 'config-store\services\System\CachingTools.GPServer' was missing.

Any idea what's going on here?

Chris
0 Kudos
MarcelFrehner
New Contributor III
Hi,
please consider the following technical article about Windows firewall configuration:
http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/40465

The steps outlined do apparently help in some, but unfortunately not all cases.

Regards, Marcel
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos