Error:  Failed to create the site. Failed to create the service 'System/CachingTools.

09-14-2013 01:26 PM
HassaneBOUKHATEM
New Contributor
Hi
I'v installed ArcGIS 10.1 on Linux Redhat 6.4 without any problem.
When I try to create a site, I got this error "Error:  Failed to create the site. Failed to create the service 'System/CachingTools.GPServer'".
I read the Technical Articles on the link "http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/40398" but it does not resolve my problem since I have no multi-byte characters in the path containing ArcGIS for Server installation location.
I uninstalled arcGIS and installed it again but impossible to create the site.
Any idea to resolve the problem plz (all firewall are disabled)
Thanks
0 Kudos
7 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
I had this problem on Linux install also.  If using a firewall, such as iptables, turn off or make sure you open the necessary ports, especially port 6080.
0 Kudos
BenRay
by
New Contributor II
I have the same error on my Ubuntu 12.04 machine. Any fix for this yet?
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Really when I've seen the error is was due to a port not being open. See: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//015400000537000000

Hasn't changed for 10.2
0 Kudos
BenRay
by
New Contributor II
On my Ubuntu machine, all ports are open. And i've explicitly set 6080 to open as well. It should have no problem with communication any port. Any other advice?
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
I've also seen this error (on Linux) with multiple network cards. If this applies, disable additional NICs.
0 Kudos
BenRay
by
New Contributor II
Tried that..and left the loopback and public interfaces open and still got the same error.
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Good.  Other areas to check:

-rename the keycodes file and authorize again.  For Linux, keycodes is at /home/<server_user>/arcgis/server/framework/runtime/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/ESRI/License10.2/sysgen

-there is a bug for 10.1 that may apply:

ArcGIS for Server 10.1 site creation fails on Linux if an HTTP proxy server environment variable is present in one of the profile files (.bash_profile or .bashrc) for the install user, or in global profile.
0 Kudos