Add EPSG:3857 as an additionally supported projection to a WMS service

Jump to solution
12-22-2015 06:11 AM
MarkSmith
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a published WMS service that supports EPSG:27700 (projection of the map document) and EPSG:4326.  I want to leave these as supported projections but also include EPSG:3857.

I've been reading online: Defining a custom projection for a WMS service—Documentation  (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

about defining custom projections, but the example isn't described very well and after trying a few things I'm left rather confused.

I get the impression I can Edit the WMS service via Admin by adding the listCustomCRS property, however I don't know what value(s) to set to add EPSG:3857.  The example on the page says it "overwrites the definition of EPSG:3857 using another WKT string", but I don't want to overwrite it, I want to add it.  I've tried adding the property: "listCustomCRS": "EPSG:3857=DEFAULT", but this doesn't work, it could be because "DEFAULT" needs setting to something else, but how do I find out what?

So can anyone please give me the answer, how do I add EPSG:3857 as an additionally supported projection to a WMS service which is already supporting EPSG:27700 and EPSG:4326 (without changing the projection of the source map document, this is 27700)?

Thank you.

Mark.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

HI Mark,

You're right, you don't need that functionality. Please look at this topic instead: Available WMS service properties—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

and search/scroll down to: Additional spatial reference systems

You just need to list additional WKIDs in the properties so that they become part of the capabilities.

Melita

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

HI Mark,

You're right, you don't need that functionality. Please look at this topic instead: Available WMS service properties—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

and search/scroll down to: Additional spatial reference systems

You just need to list additional WKIDs in the properties so that they become part of the capabilities.

Melita

0 Kudos
MarkSmith
New Contributor III

Perfect, thank you!

0 Kudos