AcrGIS for Server 10.4.1 Fails to Start

07-14-2016 04:30 PM
PatrckWild
New Contributor II

We have a three virtual machine site with two clusters running on Windows 2012 R2. We have a domain arcgis account that runs the sites and all folders have correct permissions.

Since upgrading to 10.4.1 two of the gis servers fail to start giving the following errors:

<Msg time="2016-07-13T17:02:16,464" type="SEVERE" code="7701" source="Server" process="4244" thread="1" methodName="" machine="<server>" user="" elapsed="">Failed to start app server. Failed to start the server machine '<server>'. Could not start application server within stipulated time.</Msg>

<Msg time="2016-07-13T17:07:38,30" type="SEVERE" code="6550" source="Admin" process="1716" thread="14" methodName="" machine="<server>" user="" elapsed="">Failed to start the server machine '<server>'. Could not start application server within stipulated time.</Msg>

<Msg time="2016-07-13T17:22:05,765" type="WARNING" code="7712" source="Server" process="4244" thread="1" methodName="" machine="<server>" user="" elapsed="">An error was encountered while synchronizing with the config store. REST handler inaccessible when attempting to synchronize</Msg>

I can find no reference to the 7712 warning code.

In the Server Machine Properties the two servers that fail to start have the property "Synchronize: true" while the sever that will start shows "Synchronize: false".

I suspect this may be an issue and also related to the 7712 warning? Can anyone confirm or advise?

There is no option to edit the "Synchronize" property the Server Administrator and I can find no documentation. Can anyone direct me to documentation or explain how to adjust this property for testing?

Thanks,

PW

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

Check this
Work with server logs—Documentation (10.4) | ArcGIS for Server

or try to reinstall ArcGIS server and logoff from server.

After login try to install fresh 10.4.1.

0 Kudos
Streltzer_Tracie
New Contributor III

I have only been able to successfully upgrade a site with this configuration by removing all but one server from the site (not just from the cluster), then upgrade it.  Then upgrade the other servers and add them back in one at a time.