A service can???t be displayed in the AcrMap,

05-24-2014 09:29 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jamal432@gmail.com

A service can�??t be displayed in the AcrMap,

I wanted to display the �??WestBank_2012_50cm_TMGrid_jpg�?� in the ArcMap but as it is added nothing is displayed. In return, this service can be displayed using the �??ArcGIS JavaScript�?�

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34061[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]34062[/ATTACH]

What might be the issue here?

Thank you

Best

Jamal
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
Some possibilities:

Extents problem.  What I mean by that is that the image is being displayed but the Full Extent command is taking you to a zoom level which is too far out (in your case you have 1 : 1,238,063).  Can you zoom to the area where you know that the image should be displayed at a reasonable resolution?

Projection (spatial reference) problem.  Is the coordinate system associated with the image correct?

Image service creation problem.  When you created the image service did you take the steps needed to remove all the warnings, e.g. generate statistics, overview, pyramids, etc.?  You did not describe the steps that you followed to create the image service.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Some possibilities:

Extents problem.  What I mean by that is that the image is being displayed but the Full Extent command is taking you to a zoom level which is too far out (in your case you have 1 : 1,238,063).  Can you zoom to the area where you know that the image should be displayed at a reasonable resolution?

Projection (spatial reference) problem.  Is the coordinate system associated with the image correct?

Image service creation problem.  When you created the image service did you take the steps needed to remove all the warnings, e.g. generate statistics, overview, pyramids, etc.?  You did not describe the steps that you followed to create the image service.

Thank you Richard for the help,

I tried to access the same service (published on the production server machine) from a client machine and it appears to work fine. The service is displayed on the ArcGIS Desktop of the client machine with no problem. By the way, few days ago, the same service is used to be displayed on the ArcGIS Desktop of the production machine with no problem.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34083[/ATTACH]

Which other settings might cause the service to not be displayed on the ArcGIS Desktop of the production server machine? other services are displayed on the production server machine with no issues.
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
When ArcMap connects to ArcGIS Server you connect as a user.  Is the production machine connecting using the same user as the machine that works?

I am guessing that this is some type of permission issue.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When ArcMap connects to ArcGIS Server you connect as a user.  Is the production machine connecting using the same user as the machine that works?

I am guessing that this is some type of permission issue.

The service is accessed on both machines (client and production) with the admin.

If the service (with admins credentials) is added from the ArcGIS Desktop of the client then it is displayed fine

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34119[/ATTACH]

If the service (with admins credentials) is added from the ArcGIS Desktop of the production machine then it is not displayed

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34120[/ATTACH]

What other issues should I consider?
0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor
Here in Esri support, we'd ask you to install Fiddler on these machines, start it up, and reproduce this issue. You could then compare the successful result against the unsuccessful result and see where the failure is.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here in Esri support, we'd ask you to install Fiddler on these machines, start it up, and reproduce this issue. You could then compare the successful result against the unsuccessful result and see where the failure is.

Thanks Randall

I couldn�??t figure out how to take the advantage of the results obtained from fiddler.

Results of Fiddle in production machine (where service fails to appear in the ArcMap)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34287[/ATTACH]

Results of Fiddler in client machine (service is successfully displayed in ArcMap)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34288[/ATTACH]

What might be the issue?
0 Kudos