10.6.1 New Install - Error The server was unable to access the URL

4294
10
Jump to solution
09-27-2018 06:09 PM
JosephDillard
New Contributor II

"The server was unable to access the URL 'https://geocmtdev001:6443/arcgis/services'. Please check your firewall and security settings. For more information, see the ArcGIS Server help topic Ports used by ArcGIS Server. You can access this topic in the table of contents by navigating to Administering ArcGIS Server > Securing your ArcGIS Server site > Configuring a secure environment for ArcGIS Server."

Getting the error above on a Windows 2012r2 VM, that previously ran 10.3.1 with no issues. VM is for development, not on a domain. However I also have two VMs in production that when testing 10.6.1 have the same issue. 

I have double checked permissions on all folders, opened up ports and gave the exe's permission through the firewall.

Any ideas?

Error Screenshot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielUrbach
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Joseph,

I have a suspicion this could be related to a Windows update.  Would it be possible for you to generate a list of the installed Windows updates that I could compare to a Windows 2012 R2 machine that is functioning on my end? 

You can use the following command:

wmic qfe list brief /format:texttablewsys > "%USERPROFILE%\hotfix.txt"

That will put the file in C:\Users\<your username>\hotfix.txt

Thanks,

Danny

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ZahinaKhan
New Contributor III

Do you have a DNS alias for the servers? 

Try installing the GP service startup patch for version 10.6.1: ArcGIS Server Geoprocessing Service Startup Patch 

Is there anything in the logs? Logs can be found in arcgisserver\logs\Machine.domain.com

0 Kudos
JosephDillard
New Contributor II

No DNS Alias. Two of the servers are on a domain, the test VM is not on a domain.

I tried installing the GP Patch, didn't help still same issue. Also tried installing all patches, still same. 

As a test I reinstalled 10.3.1 on one of the servers, and was able to create a site with no issues. 

Log file should be attached. 

0 Kudos
DanielUrbach
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Joseph,

I have a suspicion this could be related to a Windows update.  Would it be possible for you to generate a list of the installed Windows updates that I could compare to a Windows 2012 R2 machine that is functioning on my end? 

You can use the following command:

wmic qfe list brief /format:texttablewsys > "%USERPROFILE%\hotfix.txt"

That will put the file in C:\Users\<your username>\hotfix.txt

Thanks,

Danny

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JosephDillard
New Contributor II

Added the hotfix.txt as an attachment.                                 

0 Kudos
JosephDillard
New Contributor II

From the logs: Access to this resource is not allowed /arcgis/rest/admin/reinitialize

Everything in the logs looks good to this point.

0 Kudos
JosephDillard
New Contributor II

I still have this issue, so if anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
DanielUrbach
Occasional Contributor II

Joseph,

Sorry to hear this is still an issue for you!

Check out my post on this thread about this:
https://community.esri.com/thread/216464-failed-to-create-a-site-arcgis-server-1051 

As I mention there it could be related to the SSL-related settings for the user running the ArcGIS Server service, specifically not being able to use TLS 1.1 and/or TLS 1.2.

-Danny

JosephDillard
New Contributor II

Thanks, this worked, marked the other reply by accident as the correct answer. 

When I did this, I did not need to run the browser as the ArcGIS user. When I changed the setting using the normal local admin I use and then went and checked the setting for the ArcGIS user, the changes were there from when I change it with the previous user. 

Also, I had to change this setting in the local group policy before I was able to enable TLS 1.1 and 1.2

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Internet Explorer Control Panel > Advanced Page 

Turn Off Encryption Support had to be changed to Disabled before I could make the changes to TLS in Internet Explorer

JoelBennett
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for this Joe.  Just ran into it today out here, but not for a new site setup.  Existing services within an existing server instance that ran fine previously (e.g. PublishingTools) were failing to start, giving this same error.  Changing the TLS settings for the account running the ArcGIS Server service was the solution.

0 Kudos