Select to view content in your preferred language

10.5.1 Simple Paste Doesn't Work

05-31-2018 02:46 PM
RyanJohnson6
New Contributor II

When you copy a symbol or text and simply paste it back in (to have a copy), usually it offsets slightly and you can move it, modify it, etc.  With 10.5.1 it pastes the item way out of view.  At first we thought the command no longer worked, then we discovered accidentally that if you zoom way out (WAY out), it'll be there.  Any ideas on why it doesn't just offset it slightly like it always has in the past?  This causes way more headache and loss of production than it should.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JenDunster
New Contributor II

This worked for me - thank you so much Jack!

0 Kudos
ShelbyBarrett
New Contributor II

I have been having this issue intermittently for a while now, and this solved the issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos
AndrewGeraghty
New Contributor

This worked for me, but I had to re-select the projection of the data frame as well before I was able to copy and paste between map two map documents.

0 Kudos
NathanTaylor3
New Contributor II

In addition to the steps mentioned above, I also had to create a new annotation group before copy/paste of graphics would work in ArcMap. The default setting always allowed for pasting prior to 10.6.1 (in my case, but never used 10.5). And also never required matching annotation CRS to data frame.

0 Kudos