Select to view content in your preferred language

WebGIS DR restore creating PostgreSQL with each restore

Jump to solution
10-13-2022 01:09 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are operating an on-prem, federated, 10.9.1 Portal with a 'primary' and 'secondary' environments.  We use WebGIS DR to create a backup of the primary, and use it to restore the secondary (daily).  (When necessary we fail over from the primary to the secondary when required via Netscaler and Host file changes.)  

The colleague who initially setup our WebGIS DR configuration left.  We have noticed that each restore to our secondary creates a PostgreSQL db folder in the Portal server install root on the secondary (which in our case is D:\arcgisportal\.  I cannot find where this is configured anywhere in the webgisdr.properties (which is stored in D:\propfiles in our environment).  Is there a WebGIS DR default setting that specifies the root \arcgisportal\ directory?  More importantly, can we simply delete all of these old PostgreSQL directories?  They're only a few hundred mb each, but are a bit of a nuisance.  Thanks

Justin

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You can delete them manually for now; at 11.0 they're cleaned up automatically after the restore completes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You can delete them manually for now; at 11.0 they're cleaned up automatically after the restore completes.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Jonathan, good to know.

Somewhat related, and I think I found the answer in another thread several years old, but in the same root \arcgisportal\ diretory is an 'upgrade-backup' folder.  That's safe to delete as well, correct?  (Our upgrade from 10.8.1 to 10.9.1 was completed back in March 2022)

Thanks again

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes, if you're confident you won't need your 10.8.1 data anymore, you can delete it. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

They're actually triggering returns in our organization's vulnerability reports

0 Kudos