Webapp Builder in portal for arcgis

05-21-2015 06:23 AM
ManeshSharma
New Contributor III

Dear all

when i am adding widgets to PFA from Web app builder , it is giving me an error that Load Widget Resource Error: Widgets/Print/widget.

Can anybody help me in the Same.

thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

I am not 100% clear on your workflow. What do you mean by the term "PFA"? Does PFA stand for "Portal for ArcGIS"? Are you trying to add custom widgets for Web AppBuilder embedded in Portal?

If so, then be advised that enabling custom widgets within the embedded version of Web AppBuilder in Portal for ArcGIS is NOT a supported workflow.

From the Web AppBuilder help documentation: About Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS

The 3rd paragraph under key features states: “A developer edition is also available that allows you to extend the framework to create custom widgets and themes. Visit ArcGIS for Developers to download Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) and learn more about creating your own custom apps.

While it is technically possible to enable custom widgets within the embedded version of Web AppBuilder in a Portal for ArcGIS instance, this may void the software license technical support contract because you would be altering the internal software files of Portal for ArcGIS.

Only the Developer Edition of Web AppBuilder supports custom widgets.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos