unable to save coded value domain or list of values (domain) on a HFL in Portal

Jump to solution
04-08-2022 04:28 PM
William
New Contributor III

I created a hosted point layer on my 10.9.1 enterprise portal and in it, I was trying to create a list of value (domain) to one of the fields, but I couldn't save my inputs

sample values are 

descriptioncode
unknown0
field check1
cad2

After I hit save and waited for a few seconds, it came back with "There was an error" message.

I tried 2 more times by creating a new item in the Portal and got the same result.

I tried existing HFL that I published from my machine and ended up the same result

I published a new HFL from my machine and tried to edited and saved the list, and ended up the same error. 

The field I setup was a Short/Integer type field using a list similar to above.

Appreciate inputs on this.

17 Replies
FrederikPicavet
New Contributor III

but the results are comming in as expected / wanted :

FrederikPicavet_1-1649920690396.png

0 Kudos
JonathanPollack
Occasional Contributor

This is an egregious bug and I can't believe it hasn't been patched yet.  Portal error handling/reporting is nearly non-existant ("...there was an error") so getting this know bug patched should be a priority.

BrianCoward1
New Contributor II

Thank you much!! I'd been spinning my wheels for an hour. 🙂

0 Kudos
Blevins_Mark
Occasional Contributor

we have had issues with this as well, related to the "description" for the field. If you add something in the description for the field, even if it is just entering an empty space, you will probably be able to save your domains.edit the descriptionedit the description

Michael_Kraus
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for confirming this as a another 10.9.1 bug.  When I try the workaround of editing the description, my portal screen just sits waiting when I press the save button of the field description, so I can't seem to employ this workaround to get around the bug.  I have tried seeing if I can edit the description or domain in Pro, but no good for a hosted feature layer.  Is there a behind the scenes, eg  REST interface, way of adding a field description or the domain?

Michael_Kraus_0-1688544372755.png

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SaniaRahman
New Contributor

Hi All,

I am having same issue on ArcGIS 10.8.2 PROD environment. I don't see any description field as mentioned in the above comment/solution. Error 1.JPG

To be noted, I used the same csv on dev environment and it worked fine. 

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
RodrigoLama
Occasional Contributor

Hola, es justo la ventana antes de entrar a la definición de lista, es en la descripción del campo.

0 Kudos
glendora
New Contributor

I disconnected the locks on the data share and was able to save.

0 Kudos