Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to publish hosted feature layers to Enterprise Portal v11.2

yesterday
ChelseaSeiter-Weatherford
New Contributor II

This issue has been going on for a couple months. We have an Esri support ticket open, but we are no close to a solution from when it started. I'm posting here to see if anyone else has had something like this happen or can suggest any other idea.

We are currently unable to publish hosted feature layers to our Portal environment. This applies to data in our production gdb, separate gdbs, shapefiles, etc. Reference layers publish and zipped shapefiles dragged into Portal publish just fine. When we attempt to publish hosted feature layers, the attached error log appears in ArcGIS Pro. I validated all data stores and they always come back with a green checkmark.

This is a shortened list, but so far with Esri we have:

• uninstalled/reinstalled Data Store and Server
  • Unregistered and registered Data Store
  • Checked SSL certificates
  • Made sure all our URLs point to the same DNS.
  • stopped our Image and Monitor services to see if that was the issue (it was not)
  • restarted the PublishingTools in ArcGIS Server Admin
  • validated that all machines have enough resources
  • validated the federation
  • checked service account permissions

A really weird thing is that I am able to successfully publish a hosted feature layer ONE time around 0800 MT. After that the attached error log keeps appearing.

We are running version 11.2. Prior to upgrading to v11.2, we did not have any issues with publishing. I cannot pinpoint the exact time this issue started, but it was post-upgrade. On v11.1 we did not experience any issues that I'm aware of.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RyanUthoff
Regular Contributor

There are two different ArcGIS Data Store log locations. One for the ArcGIS Data Store itself, and one for PostgreSQL database that the ArcGIS Data Store uses. ArcGIS Server Manager typically retrieves the data store logs, but not the PostgreSQL logs. It's a long shot, but it might be worth checking both of those logs to see if there is any additional details.

I've solved a couple issues (unrelated to your issue) by looking at the PostgreSQL logs that would otherwise go unnoticed since Server Manager doesn't pull from them.

Data Store: C:\arcgisdatastore\logs\hostname\server

PostgreSQL: C:\arcgisdatastore\logs\hostname\database

Besides that, what about disabling firewalls/antivirus on all ArcGIS Enterprise machines just to verify nothing is blocking it? Also make sure all the appropriate ports are open on all machines.

Also just curious, do you have any existing hosted feature services that existed prior to you experiencing this issue? And if so, are you able to access them in Portal (like access the underlying data or view them in a web map)?

0 Kudos